Friday, January 29, 2016

40 Great Nail Art Ideas: Films








Films are this weeks motto, and I went with one of my favorite movie trilogy: The Lord of the Rings (because I wanted to try out my brand new MoYou stamping plate).





I used an old (well ancient, it's at least 15 years old, maybe even 20, but it still applies like butter) L'Oréal polish with the fancy "name" 343. It's a simple gold metallic polish, opaque in two coats. The stamping plate with the awesome The One Ring inscription pattern is MoYou Geek Collection 05, my stamping polish my usual black P2 Eternal. One coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top finished this mani.














Another thing I want to show you is this clear jelly stamper Born Pretty Store sent me for reviewing purposes, thank you so much! What's special about this one is that it's see-through, so you can place the stamping exactly where you want without having to "work blind". The silicone stamping head is transparent, and the back of the holder is open, so you can see your nail while placing the stamping. The head has a diameter of 2.8cm and is removable for easy cleaning and replacement.

The head is quite squishy and somewhat sticky, but only slightly. I cleaned the head with some dish soap before using it. I don't now if it was necessary, but I can tell it was all the priming it needed, it picked up the color nicely, as you can see in my pictures. I recommend cleaning it with a lint roller and not acetone. I've read that acetone can destroy the head and I didn't want to risk it, but the lint roller cleaned it perfectly. Another thing to know: to pick up the pattern, you have to roll it over the plate, pressing it down doesn't work. So instead of pressing it to the plate and rolling it over the nail, as you might do with a hard stamping head, you roll it over the plate and press it on the nail. I've seen in a Youtube review that this stamper would only work with stamping polish and not with regular polish, but that's not true, my go-to black stamping polish is just a regular black creme polish, and I had no troubles with picking up the pattern.

You can get the clear jelly stamper in three different holder-colors (white, pink or lilac) for 2.99$, or the complete set with all three colors for 7.99. Each stamper comes with a plastic scraper.










For more nail art items, check out Born Pretty Store (use the code below for a 10% discount)




The stamper was offered for reviewing purposes. Again, thank you very much, Born Pretty Store!




10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous manicure!! Looks far more wearable than mine : P
    The stamper looks great! I've ordered one and should be arriving next week, can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, hon! I'm sure you're going to have a lot of fun with the stamper :-)

      Delete
  2. Love this design. Also loving your placement using the jelly stamper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Also, thank you for the review on the clear stamper - I think I need it in my life now :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this so much :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try out this stamper!!

    LOTR <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't wait, go get it! The price tag at Born Pretty Store is more than fair, and it really is a great tool.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...