Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Mani / Fail





Happy Valentine's Day to all of you!





I have to admit, I'm not really happy with my v-day mani this year. I tried different things and nothing worked out just how I planned, so I eventually gave up with my third attempt, which is what you can see here.


My base color is Depend 058, a light lilac polish with a slight green duochrome and silver holographic glitter particles. This one's very sheer,  I used four coats and it was still far from opaque.

For my accent nail I used OPI Vant To Bite My Neck and a dotting tool for what was planned to look like a heart shape (the thumb came out much better than the ring finger). One coat of KBShimmer Clearly On Top finished this mani (and of course I managed to smear the dots...).










3 comments:

  1. I like the mani nonetheless!
    Perhaps you could've made the smearing more pronounced a little like a heart in flames?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Good idea, but I guess smearing a mani on purpose is harder than it sounds ;-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...