Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Comparison Post: Mint Me Up - Two Fingered Salute






Yesterday I showed you Catrice Mint me Up. When this polish came out, a lot of peaople called it a dupe to Butter London's Two Fingered Salute. Since I own both, of course I had to compare them.




Both polishes have a mint colored creme base, Butter London's base is just a little more muted than the Catrice one. The Catrice has less of the copper glitters, but they added a golden shimmer.

 
Catrice, 3 coats
Butter London, 3 coats







As you can see, the two polishes are shomewhat similar, but not at all the same. No dupe-alarm here.


6 comments:

  1. Great comparison. I like Catrice more, the golden shimmer is more subtle and elegant ant this way the mint color is more evident!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's perfect that you prefer the Catrice, 1. you already got it and 2. even if you didn't, it's the cheeper one ;-)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this great comparison - I agree - no dupes at all! I only own the BL and love it for the antique feel given by the copper shimmers - en schöne Tag xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci, dir o :-)

      The BL always reminds me of my trip to NYC three years ago, because it looks like oxidated copper in my eyes, just like Lady Libery :-)

      Delete
  3. Two fingered salute ist so wunderhübsch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mir gefällt er auch super, aber BL ist halt schon schweineteuer... :-/

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...