Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Consulting Detective






Today's polish is the first one I tried from the indie brand A Study In Polish.




Consulting Detective is part of A Study In Polish's Sherlock range (Sherlock! Can't wait for season 3! "Only" 3 1/2 more months!) and has a purple base with pink shimmer plus gold and blue glitters in various sizes in it.




The purple base was surprisingly opaque, I used only two coats for opacity. Application was very pleasant, I had no issues at all. Consulting Detective dires pretty smoothly, so I added just one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri.











I first heard of A Study In Polish through Mishka's blog Accio Lacquer. Mishka like to add a matte topcoat over all her polishes, and as Consulting Detective looked so awesome mattified on her nails, I had to try it, too. So I added one coat of Essence Soft Touch Topcoat.













Consulting Detective and other gorgeous shades by A Study In Polish are available at their store.
Sadly, they stopped shipping outside of nothern America and are now only available in the USA and Canada.


8 comments:

  1. A Sherlock themed collection of polishes - big WANT!!! Consulting Detective looks awesome on you, both shiny and mattified. 3 1/2 more months - that's like FOREVER!!! I might need some of those polishes to shorten the time ;-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really seems like forever until november 24th. But polishing your nails and watching the DVDs is a great pass-time ;-)

      Delete
  2. Der Effekt mit diesem seidenmatten Topcoat sieht ja mal so hammer toll aus! Richtig schick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vielen Dank, Wiebke! Ich war auch ganz verliebt in die Mani, als ich sie getragen habe :-)

      Delete
  3. This is just beautiful...and Sherlock polishes?? I am an old school Holmes fan...the original stories, Jeremy Brett, and now the new series, which is wonderful. But this polish is gorgeous even if it didn't bring to mind that elegant calabash. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I don't know Jeremy Brett, but I do love the original stories. I actually live only about 50km north of the Reichenbach Falls, where the term "cliffhanger" was invented ;-)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. I couldn't take my eyes off while wearing it :-)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...