Thursday, December 27, 2012

Two Christmas Manis





I'm back (and stating the obvious)! I hope you had a nice holiday. Mine was great, but I must have gained at least 4 pounds with all that eating...

Today I have my Christmas mani for you, that I was wearing for the last couple of days.





I started with Artdeco 171, a dark shimmery red, and Models Own Emerald Black on my ringfinger, three coats each. Emerald Black looks blue in the bottle shot and the sunlight picture, but on the nails it's a deep, shimmery forest green. I didn't take any pictures of the base colors alone, as I did my nails at my parents'. I did bring my camera with me (you can't leave the camera at home when you're spending some days with a little puppy), but the lighting didn't allow any decent pictures.

Then I added OPI The Man With The Golden Gun (Skyfall Collection), a clear base with 18K gold flakes. The flakes are a little sparse, so I had to use two coats o get a decent amount of flakes on my nails. I finished with one coat of Essie Good to Go. I took the pictures yesterday afternoon, after three days of wearing it. Please excuse the tipwear and the scratches in the top coat.

















The afternoon of Christmas Eve I spent with my godson. His mother, my best friend Jessica, likes nail polish, too, and is a devoted reader of my blog. So I gladly accepted when she asked me to bring some polishes and help her with her Christmas mani. She chose a England Perceval as her base color, a gorgeous classic red shimmer, and a stamping with Barry M Gold Foil and the DRK-B plate. This was the first time I did the nails of somebody else, so the mani is far from perfect. But I guess it could have turned out worse...








What were you wearing on your nails during the holidays?


7 comments:

  1. Your nails look STUNNING. This Top Coat is just super versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to try it over a light color, so far I've mostly seen pictures over dark colors (and that's what I used...)

      Delete
  2. Der OPI Lack sieht sooo toll aus! Ich bin ständig am überlegen, ob ich ihn mir auch hole, aber er ist ja nicht gerade billig.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nein, billig ist er wirklich nicht. Ich habe ihn mir aus den USA bestellt, da habe ich "nur" 30$ bezahlt, anstelle der 50, die er bei uns in der Schweiz kosten würde. Es gibt einen ähnlichen von Ninja Polish (http://ninjapolish.com/product.php?productid=18339&cat=357&page=1) für 15$, der ist aber ständig ausverkauft. Der von Zoya (Gilty) kostet auch etwas weniger als der OPI, übers Internet ist der auch noch vereinzelt zu finden.

      Delete
    2. Versucht es bei Nailcare Club - eine UK website - ich bestelle alle meine Zoyas über diese Seite ;-)

      Delete
  3. I love both manicures but the one with the gold flakes on top is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I loved it, too. I wore it for 4 days (and I normally change my mani at least 4 times a week)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, I read every single one of them, and I really do appreciate them all.

Please refrain from using my comments for link dropping and spamming and note that I may remove any comments that violate this policy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...